Thanks to the active development of technology, many new directions appear in marketing. Trends are aimed at creating opportunities for interaction with the audience. Newly emerging tools appear as quickly as they lose their relevance. A few years ago, Internet marketing was the most in-demand – it was replaced by digital or digital marketing.
What is digital marketing? Digital (digital) marketing is a way to promote a brand or product through the use of various forms of digital channels. Sometimes digital marketing is confused with online marketing.
But digital marketing goes beyond the world wide web, using also:
- digital TV;
- mobile applications;
- interactive screens.
Thus, digital marketing is distinguished by an integrated approach to the use of digital technologies in the promotion.
Digital marketing has several significant advantages over traditional marketing:
- Allows you to interact with a wider audience and find customers even in unexpected places.
- It provides an opportunity to convey information about the product and the company to a large number of consumers in a short period of time, while other strategies require significant time costs.
- Allows you to establish a dialogue with customers.
- Digital technologies help to have a greater impact on customers, which increases the likelihood of product interest.
- Digital promotion is cheaper than other strategies.
- Transparent tracking of the effectiveness of the impact.
Marketing allows you to develop both offline and online businesses. For example, many well-known online casinos have attracted many customers around the world thanks to a competent marketing strategy. Today, these casinos provide a variety of entertainment options – for example, live Blackjack, slot machines, and much more. They even give you the opportunity to earn real money.
Digital Marketing Tools
The digital marketing toolkit is varied and contains both more familiar basic and advanced tools. Some digital tools can be used offline.
Basic digital marketing tools include:
- content creation;
- SMM landing page;
- Email newsletters.
Advanced digital marketing tools are called:
- Affiliate – a tool for promoting a business on the Internet, whose essence is to provide traffic to the customer and receive payment for a specific action.
- Influencer marketing is based on the use of an authoritative person in promoting the page. The perception of the product by the audience is changing, thanks to which customers themselves are looking for a product.
An effective solution is a combination of several tools. This will reach the widest possible audience.
Features of the digital strategy
Digital strategy is the definition of goals and tools for promoting the company and product with the involvement of digital technologies. The objective of the strategy is to establish contact with a potential buyer and attract interest in the brand through advertising channels. The goal of the strategy should be presented in the form of specific numbers. For example, increase brand page traffic by 50%. As part of the digital strategy, the target audience and competing brands are analyzed. Competitive advantages are revealed, and optimal channels and methods for promotion are selected.
Digital Marketing and E-Business
For many brands whose consumers are actively using the possibilities of the World Wide Web, a digital marketing strategy is a key link in their entire corporate strategy. This integration increases the return on investment. The use of modern digital technologies expands and deepens the interaction between the brand and customers, which increases sales and increases loyalty. The viral effect and inexpensive promotion channels reduce promotion costs.
Digital advertising: main differences
Digital advertising defies most of the laws of conventional marketing. If offline advertising creates consumer demand, then digital advertising usually satisfies it. This is achieved by focusing on the target audience. Analytics and statistics systems help track user transitions on the right requests and monitor their actions in the global network.